Develop social, strategic and problem-solving skills in a safe, moderated and inclusive environment.
Esports At The YMCA
Esports is video game competition for individuals and teams. Gamers in the Y's leagues and tournaments will enjoy game play in Rocket League, Madden, Smash, Fortnite, Pokemon, NBA2K, and FIFA.
As with all YMCA leagues, YMCA Esports will encourage and promote healthy kids, families and communities by placing a priority on involvement, healthy competition rather than rivalry, the value of participation over winning, team-building as well as individual development, a positive self-image and mutual respect for others.
Questions on Esports? Contact Hunter Johnson, Esports Coordinator.
The video game titles, images, photographs and graphics listed or shown are the copyright and intellectual property of each respective owner.
Frequently Asked Questions
YMCA Esports is the development of values through a progressive program stressing skill development, fun, physical fitness, and friendly competition. All youth have an opportunity to play and families are encouraged to participate. Additional benefits include:
- Improved hand-eye coordination
- Improved attention & visual acuity
- Improved basic visual processing and executive function.
- Problem-solving & strategy skill development
- 71% of parents report gaming having net positive effects for children.
- Boosts self-confidence and player socialization.
- 54% of gamers say gaming helps them connect with friends.
- In the span of just five years, over 125 higher education institutions have created varsity collegiate Esports programs.
- More than thirty U.S. colleges and universities offer scholarships for gamers.
All players will supply their own equipment for eSports league and tournaments. Systems can include Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PlayStation or PC.
No, the league is open to anyone ages 8-12. eSports members will receive a discounted registration fee and free tournament entry fees.
All players that are participating in a multiplayer game must register as a team. The YMCA will not put players together to form teams. Register with fellow friends or classmates.
We are now accepting sponsors for our eSports program. Please contact Daniel Kasambira at email@example.com or call 256.428.9622 x3007 to learn how.