Guests and Traveling with the Y
Welcome! We Are Glad You Are Visiting the Y Today
Whether you are thinking about joining the Y, visiting with a member or visiting on your own, we encourage you to engage and experience first-hand all the great classes and facilities the Y has to offer. We hope a day at the Y allows you to experience our supportive, encouraging community that will help you launch a healthier life in spirit, mind and body - and we hope you decide to become a part of that community by joining!
Here's what you need to know as a Y Guest:
- Any person, whether accompanied by a member or not, is eligible to be issued one (1) free three (3) consecutive day guest pass (1 per calendar year).
- All guests must be registered in Daxko (The YMCA membership database).
- All guests must present a valid, government issued photo ID in order to be registered.
- Youth guests (ages 17 and younger) must have a child permission form on file with the YMCA and a copy of their parent or legal guardian’s Driver’s License and phone number.
- Guests are expected to adhere to the same rules required of YMCA members as listed in the Membership Handbook.
- The YMCA reserves the right to limit guest pass use during high volume times.
- The YMCA does not sell daily use guest passes.
The Heart of the Valley YMCA participates in Nationwide Membership. Members of other YMCAs that participate in Nationwide Membership are subject to the following when visiting:
- Nationwide member visitors to Heart of the Valley YMCA must use their home YMCA branch at least 50% of the time.
- Nationwide members visiting other YMCA branches for a period greater than 28 days, such as on an extended work trip or family visit, must transfer membership affiliation to the visiting YMCA for continued use.
- When visiting Heart of the Valley YMCA, nationwide members are required to show a valid, government-issued photo ID as well as provide basic membership info such as their name and email address.
- Program-only participants (camp, sports, personal training, etc.) are not eligible for nationwide membership.
- All YMCA branches reserve the right to restrict or revoke privileges.
- Registered sex offenders are prohibited from participating in nationwide membership.
- Nationwide members are not eligible to receive Heart of the Valley YMCA discounts on programs or services.
The Heart of the Valley YMCA honors the AWAY (Always Welcome at YMCAs) program. Members of AWAY YMCAs visiting locally please note the following:
• Heart of the Valley YMCA permits YMCA full facility members in good standing of other Ys not participating in the Nationwide Membership program to visit at no charge, with the following stipulations:
• Free visits are capped at 10 visits per year.
• AWAY Members are required to show a valid, government‐issued photo ID as well as provide basic membership info such as a full name and email address.
• Program‐only participants (just camp, sports, personal training, etc.) are not eligible for AWAY membership privileges.
• All YMCA branches reserve the right to restrict or revoke privileges.
• AWAY members are not eligible to receive Heart of the Valley YMCA discounts on programs or services.
• Registered sex offenders are prohibited from participating in AWAY membership.
Youth Visitor Policy
- Any visitor to the YMCA age 17 or younger are required to have a Child Permission Form on file prior to visiting.
- The Child Permission Form must be completed by a parent or legal guardian, no exceptions.
- The parent or legal guardian must also provide a copy of their driver’s license with the Child Permission Form.
- The Child Permission Form must be completed and signed online at https://my.ymcahuntsville.org/forms/.
Do you have questions? Please reach out to your local branch for more information. You can find their contact info and hours of operation here.